Who said LWVJoCo takes the summer off? Not anymore! Your new board has been running hard since being elected on May 5.
- Voter registration in new places—Lenexa Public Market, Cross-Lines Community Outreach and Downtown Overland Park’s Third Friday, to name a few.
- “Ways to turn out the primary election vote” and dialogue sessions at members’ homes (RSVP for the gathering at Harry and Mary Bognich’s home on June 14.)
- Summer indoor picnic from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on June 26 at the Matt Ross Community Center
- “Lessons from the local campaign trail” at 7 p.m. on July 19 at the Matt Ross Community Center (Watch for more information in upcoming eblasts and on our website.)
- Annual preview party at 7 p.m. on August 23 at the Olathe Community Center
Less visible but essential are infrastructure changes.
- The communications team now has its “board-approved communications strategy” for 2018-19.
- The 2020 committee organized to plan the centennial celebration of the League and the 19th Amendment held its first meeting. (Donna Lauffer, chair; Susan Horst; Candy Birch)
- The board now meets every second Tuesday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Members are always welcome!
Best of all, we now have 274 members—welcome!
It’s time to rejoin. Memberships expire June 30. Renew online—it’s fast and easy.
Questions, concerns? Just let me know. We are on the move!!
Photos from May Breakfast and Annual Meeting