Join us for our breakfast fundraiser and annual meeting on Saturday, May 4, as we celebrate the power of everyday activism.
Our featured speaker, Davis Hammet, spends much of his time advocating for Kansas voters. Hammet is the founder of Loud Light, a nonprofit focused on increasing civic engagement of millennials and combating voter suppression. Loud Light covers the Kansas legislature with lively three-minute weekly videos.
Hammet recently won a court victory that requires Johnson County election officials to disclose details on provisional ballots that are not counted. He will share his experiences increasing youth voter engagement and protecting the civil rights of all voters. We know through his advocacy that one person can make a difference.
- 8:30 a.m. Continental breakfast by Hy-Vee
- 9 a.m. “Everyday Activism” featuring Loud Light founder Davis Hammet
- 9:50 a.m. Making Democracy Work Award presentation
- 10 a.m. LWVJoCo annual meeting (voting on 2019-2020 officers and budget)
Continental breakfast fundraiser is $15. Reservations are required for the breakfast and are due by April 26. (Space is limited to 100 people.)
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Following the breakfast program, we will hold the annual meeting and LWVJoCo members will vote on the several items, including the budget and slate of officers.
Add this event to your calendar
2019-2020 LWVJoCo Slate of Officers
- President (one-year term): Ellen Miller, incumbent
- Co-vice presidents (one-year term): Cathy Matlack and Tom Stroud
- Secretary (two-year term): Danielle Simpson Keller
- Directors (two-year term): Voter Services, Julie Lester and Becky White, incumbents
- Nominating Committee (one-year term): Kathy Minges and Eileen Manza, co-chairs; Lorene Miller; incumbents
Thanks to the nominating committee: Co-chairs Kathy Minges and Eileen Manza and member Lorene Miller
Atonement Lutheran Church, 9948 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS