Join the League of Women Voters. Become a powerful and effective voice on issues that make a real difference to you. Fight alongside other passionate people to make democracy work for everyone.
Why join the League?
- Empower voters and help protect their right to vote.
- Educate and inform citizens on current issues.
- Study current issues with other League member and advocate on these issues.
- Learn hands-on about civics education, community issues, our government, the political process, and more.
- Work to ensure that ALL votes are counted and ALL voices are heard. Preserve our constitutional rights. help bring positive change in our communities.
- Add your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states.
- Help Make Democracy Work!
Working together, we can make our electoral system better.
When you join the League, you can participate in our working communities, attend events, and receive our member directory, action alerts, and The VOTER, our monthly newsletter. You will be entitled to vote when the League decides what areas to focus on and whether to take a position on an issue. You will be eligible for leadership roles in the League and may be a delegate at the state and national League conventions.
Who can become a member?
Membership in the League, one of the most respected and effective grassroots organizations in the country, is open to women and men who are at least age 16. Your dues include membership in the state and national LWV. Dues and contributions to LWVJoCo are NOT tax deductible. Our membership year and renewals begin each July 1.
Stay connected with LWVJoCo and help strengthen our voice during the 2018 Kansas legislative session – become a member today!