- Power Up Your Advocacy: Send your comments about the proposed repeal of the Clean Power Plan to the EPA with these tips and a template. Also, League members created a helpful set of slides about this important issue. Deadline for comments to the EPA is extended to Apr. 26. Public listening session set for Feb. 21.
Educational events sponsored by nonpartisan groups
MegaVote: Track recent congressional votes (Senators Roberts and Moran, and Representative Yoder)
- Statement of President’s discriminatory comment
- Statement after Trump disbands Kobach-led voter fraud commission
- Statement on EPA Clean Power Plan Repeal
Check out our January 2018 issue of The VOTER newsletter and read about these topics:
- Power Up Your Advocacy: How to Write Effective Public Comments
- Lobby Day at the Capitol: Jan. 23 with ACLU
- Committee reports: Observer Corps, Phone Tree, and Nominations
We honored the candidates on the November ballot at our annual Holiday Social on December 2. View more photos.
Donna Lauffer and Sandi Sanchez, co-presidents, conveyed LWVJoCo’s appreciation for the candidates’ commitment to public service.