March 3, 2018: Path to Citizenship
Our panelists spoke about the challenges of the journey to citizenship.
It is a long process with many requirements and associated costs.
- Catholic Charities Citizenship Program Manager Tracy Fuller Forbush
- Angela Ferguson, immigration attorney
- Hilary Cohen Singer, of Jewish Vocational Services.
LWVJoCo serves Johnson County, Kansas, a part of the greater Kansas City metro area. We are a community-based organization focused on engaging citizens in the voting process. We believe hands-on work safeguards democracy which leads to civic improvement. Members gain knowledge and experience, discover new interests through the study and discussion of timely and important issues and topics. As you meet others who share your interests, you will make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships.
Through participation in League activities, members contribute valuable services to the community. The League does not endorse or oppose candidates or political parties.
You can make a difference! Joining LWVJoCo also provides membership in the state and national LWV.
What does the League do?
- We educate citizens about issues, legislation and candidates.
- We encourage individual participation in the political process.
- We inform through in-depth, objective study.
- We monitor local, state and national government bodies and activities.
- We register voters.
- We sponsor candidate forums and public issue forums.
Join us to Make Democracy Work!
You can make a difference! Join LWVJoCo and start making a difference in our community. League membership is open to all women and men from age 16.
Follow us on Facebook: