Making Democracy Work
Representing the greater Kansas City metro area, the League of Women Voters of Johnson County is a nonpartisan, community-based organization focused on engaging citizens in the voting process for a better government. It’s where hands-on work to safeguard democracy leads to civic improvement.
Members gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics. Through participation in League activities, members contribute valuable services to the community.
Discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community. As you meet others who share your interests, you will make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships.
Joining LWVJoCo also provides free membership in the state and national LWV. Add your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington, D.C., the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong. JOIN TODAY!
What does the League do?
- We educate citizens about issues, legislation and candidates.
- We encourage individual participation in the political process.
- We inform through in-depth, objective study.
- We monitor local, state and national government bodies and activities.
- We register voters.
- We sponsor candidate forums and public issue forums.
You can make a difference! Join LWVJoCo and start making a difference in our community. League membership is open to all women and men of eligible voting age.