Join us for a discussion of expanding Medicaid in Kansas. Sheldon Weisgrau, senior policy advisor at Alliance for a Healthy Kansas, will present. Add this to your calendar.
Making Democracy Work for All
Since 1920, the League has been an activist, grassroots organization whose leaders believed that citizens should play a critical role in advocacy.
We do not endorse or oppose political candidates or parties at any level of government. Our advocacy positions are based on the merits of each issue, after careful study and consensus.
We think hands-on work safeguards democracy, which leads to civic improvement. In addition to registering voters, the League:
- Educates citizens about issues, legislation and candidates.
- Encourages individual participation in the political process.
- Informs our community through in-depth, objective study.
- Monitors local, state and national government bodies and activities.
- Hosts candidate forums and public issue forums.